MILITARY APPLICANT INFORMATION
*Please note: We do not have a reciprocity/endorsement policy.*
In order to receive an application, send a written request including all of your contact information (mailing address, email address)to email@example.com
Once received, we will create and email you an application to complete and have notarized. Please be aware that your application will not be considered approved until all required documentation has been received.
Be sure to review the following pages for more detailed information about the exam and applicant requirements:
- Returned application
- Completed application, notarized in two places
- passport size photograph affixed to the first page
- Birth Certificate
- Optometry college/university transcripts showing date degree was conferred (official)
- Pre-optometry college/university transcripts (official)
- Qualifying NBEO Scores
- Three letters of recommendation
- Proof that you have been licensed and actively engaged in the practice of optometry for at least two of the preceding five years
- Any documentation or information the applicant can provide which establishes that his/her clinical education, training, and experience is substantially equal to that of persons licensed by the Board through its clinical-practicum examination procedure.
- Military optometrist-spouse - in addition to the items listed above: evidence of an active license to practice optometry duly issued by another state or jurisdiction and evidence that he/she is married to an active member of the U. S. military.
Once your completed application, along with all required documents, is received by the Board office your application will be considered approved. From the date of approval, your interview will be scheduled within 30 days (unless you request a waiver for another date).